Sunday, September 30, 2007

Wendy's Packing Challenge




I am not officially taking part in this challenge only because I haven't thought about actual packing yet. Since I have been twice, I pretty much know what I will pack and I tend to pack light, from experience! I will probably pack right before travel. But I do want to post photos of my luggage the first time I went to get Kate in China. Above, I have mine and my brother's suitcase and carry-ons. We were in China for 26 days because we travelled a week ahead to sightsee. You can see that we went Carry-On only and I actually still had things that I never once used, like duct tape, dress pants, and a few other things. Nowadays, you really cannot go Carry -On only because many off the airlines have strict regulations for carry-on sizes and weights! Whatever the restrictions are in USA, you can bet they will be stricter in China. Everything is smaller there, the planes, the seats, the limits. But the fines are big, so be careful when packing!

My biggest tip to all of you is that now in the year 2007-2008, you can buy just about anything you need in China so don't overpack. You will be glad when you are pulling a much more efficient and lightweight load, including a baby! ! LOL I would be happy to answer any questions if you want/need advice!

2 comments:

Stephe said...

As always Wendy, GREAT JOB on packing. We are definately relying on those who've BTDT! Thanks for sharing!! Stephe

NorasMommy said...

Hi Wendy - I can't see your photos on the blog. Would you be willing to post them in the photos section on the Yahoo! site? I'm dying to see how big your bags were.

Thanks so much for sharing! We're lucky to have you here!

Jennifer