Sunday, September 30, 2007

Challenge #2 - Jennifer K

This was a really hard challenge for me - I didn't know anything about most of this stuff. Please let me know what I've missed or if you have any other comments about the list - Thanks!!

Feeding:
- antibacterial dish soap
- sink stopper
- Rubbermaid container for wash bin
- nipple brush
- tongs for swishing nipples in hot water
- bibs (2 - 1 in backpack)
- disposable bibs
- 2 8-oz Playtex drop in nursers
- 6-8 Playtex fast flow silicone nipples
- 120-150 Playtex drop in liners
- snack bowls w/lids
- spoons and forks
- teething feeder (I got the Sassy one because it had a cover)
- extra mesh bags for teething feeder
- formula bags -or- twist ties for drop in liners -or- powdered formula dispenser
- thermos (in backpack)
- cheerios *buy later*
- rice cereal *buy later*
- goldfish *buy later*
- biscuits *buy later*
- powdered electrolyte *buy later*
- formula (n/a - agency provides first bag, we'll buy more in China and transition to US formula at home)
- Rubbermaid canister for formula (I've heard that Chinese formula comes in bags and gets all over the place unless you transfer to another container)
- scoop for formula do I need this?
- funnel for formula do I need this?
- plastic measuring cup *still need*
- pacifiers (4 - 2 in backpack)
- sippy cup do I need this? won't she be taking a bottle?
- 3 burp cloths
Bathing/Diapering:
- Huggies size 3 diapers - enough for a few days, buy more in China does this seem like the right size? may buy some size 2 when we know her size
- Huggies Natural Care wipes (5 - 40 ct soft packs)
- swim diapers
- diaper disposal bags
- Aveeno diaper rash cream
- California Baby baby wash
- California Baby baby lotion
- Burt's Bees Baby Bee apricot massage oil
- changing pad (in backpack)
- disposable changing pads
- disposable wash cloths
- baby comb and hairbrush
- baby nail clippers
- baby nail scissors
- baby toothbrush
Clothing
- hat (in backpack)
- 1 pair shoes (probably white tennies - to keep baby safe from the clothing police until we can go shopping)
- swimsuit
- 5 sleepers *still need*
- 5 outfits
- 1 sweater
- 1 hooded jacket
- 5-10 pair socks *still need*
Toys
- stacking cups
- Baby Einstein Mirror Me board book
- Snuggle Puppy board book
- soft photo album w/family photos
- lovey (in backpack)
- inflatable safari roller
- Taggies bucket buddies
- Haba rattle
- plastic keys
- beach ball
Misc
- anti-bacterial wipes
- table cloth for floor play *still need*
- outlet covers
- night light

It was probably smart to do this before the luggage challenge -- I've learned something about the size of bags I'll be needing! Wendy, any suggestions for how I can pare back??

- Jennifer K

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say how much I love this blog! It's exciting to see packing lists and see what people are putting together for their trips to China. What an awesome idea!!

Angela said...

What a great job Jennifer!! I found some things I didn't think of ~ outlet covers, night light and a Rubbermaid container for formula!!

I better go add those to my list! I am loving this blog! Thanks for all the ideas!

Angela :)

Stephe said...

Great Job, Jennifer!!!

Your list looks great. Reminded me of a few things I've missed. :)

Here are my thoughts, they are kind of all over the place.

I wouldn't worry about tongs, I plan on using chop sticks. They are much smaller and easier for me. Thanks for the tip on the Chinese formula. I will probably bring lots of ziploc bags and transfer it. I'm not going to worry about a container...takes up more room. I wouldn't think you need a scoop, just a measuring cup in metric and prefill your liners. I've heard that a funnel is helpful but I "think" I'm pretty coordinate. (boy, that statement will come back to bite me, I'm sure! ha. ha) I think our daughters/sons will be on the bottle but I've heard some really like the sippy cup. So, I'll bring only one. I'm taking size 3 diapers also. The diaper rash cream that I'm taking is Butt Paste and a Chinese Ped recommended Triple Paste. I will buy both of those at referral. I laughed about your shoe/clothing police comment. I don't think it's just about the shoes but rather any exposed skin...legs & arms.

Those are my thoughts. You've done a GREAT JOB!!! Stephe