Sunday, November 4, 2007

Jen W finally gets to Challenge 3



Hello everyone
Sorry that I am so late with my posting for the October Challenge, but I had another crazy month (and I procrastinated a bit). We decided to just use our some of our current luggage for the trip (so far anyway) I feel like at any moment I might just change my mind completely and go buy something that weighs less. The picture shows the bags…Currently the plan is: one 26” samsonite red suitcase, one 21” black with red Chaps bag and one little 18” carryon suitcase to carryon with us if needed. Plus I will have a backpack (that I will use once we get to China as the diaper-backpack) and Rich will have his favorite Olio computer laptop backpack with all of the electronic stuff in it. It helps me to think about what will go where on the trip over so that is the way I organized myself… Here is what I came up with ( It helps me know what I need to buy and what we have already too) Thanks Ladies! One big question… Which Baby Carrier to take? I have four (yes 4 ) different carriers…. Yes, I said 4. I had discipline to not buy too many clothes, but carriers, I couldn’t stop. An ergo ( got from Craigslist ( gently used), a Baby Bjorn, a mei tai ( handmade by some Mom’s here locally), and a hip sling-thing (also handmade and passed down from an FCC Mom) --- argh! I just don’t know which one(s) to bring… anyone have any suggestions on that?

Here's my sad little list:

Luggage Challenge
inflatable neck pillow
luggage straps
luggage locks
ear plugs
duct tape
gorilla pod ( I have had that on my wishlist for awhile now, hopefully Santa helps)
baby carrier (oh, lord... which one?)
packmates
compression bags
neck wallet
Rich's computer backpack (carryon)
laptop
extra laptop battery
camera
extra camer batteries
sunglasses
voice recorder
book
ipod
dvds
Jen's backpack carryon
tissues
toothbrush
toothpaste
face and hand moisturizer
burts bees lip stuff
lavendar spray
deodorant
mini makeup bag
antibacterial wipes
antibacterial gel
document binder
ipod
saline spray
gum
mints
travel journal
mini wallet
book
inflatable neck pillow
hat
hair bands & comb
LLBean Travel Slippers
actual small carryon luggage (17 inches suitcase not checked)
change of clothes for us
toiletry bags (minus razor and scissors)
battery charger
voltage adapter
not sure what else yet....

Thanks for giving me the courage to tackle this each month!

No comments: